Music Banter - View Single Post - Do we really exist?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 04:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
VeggieLover
Music?! Lets boogie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
Come on guys, it is a valid philosophical question even if most of us feel it's a silly one. Be nice.

This puzzled me a bit. What do you mean? Could you elaborate on this statement?
When i think about how little humans have actually managed to "prove" in comparison to how much is acutally (or potentially) out there, it is possible to feel very very small and insignificant both as an individual and as a species. On the other hand, every once in a while a human comes along that has managed to tap into the vast bank of knowledge (or energy or capability, whatever you want to call it) and completely baffels everyones expectations and challenges everything we "know" about the human mind. Yet even these individuals are only using some ridiculously small portion of the brain. When we think of all that brain power thats going unused, we realize the full potential of humanity and can feel very very big.

that help?
"Not remotely! Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."
VeggieLover is offline   Reply With Quote