Music Banter - View Single Post - Do we really exist?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #27 (permalink)
VeggieLover
Music?! Lets boogie!

There is a reason I didn't offer any specific percentages as to how much of our brain we actually use. For one thing, I don't think the experts know for sure, and I'm certainly not going to pretend I know. I am however, under the impression, that humans have not even begun to tap their cognitive potential.

As for my point being moot, well. I can exist with out a we. But we cannot exist with out me. Therefore, while we does in fact include me, it does not neccesarily mean that i dont exist if i say we dont exist.

I am not solipsist (i guess thats what you'd call it), and so I am not going to try and convince you that solipsism is the "right" way to think about life. I just find it quite entertaining to ponder such theories. While you may see things a certian way, there is really no way to prove that it is reality. There is a certian amount of faith required to traverse the world of Quantum physics at all. Even if I believe that I exist, does that hold any merit if no one else thinks I exist? Its very rough territory, and not everyone likes to think of existance in such abstract ways. Assuming your close minded approach ("don't comment if you don't know what you're talking about" without any evididence that i dont, in fact, know what im talking about) i would guess that you are one of those people who prefer to dwell in the realm of "concrete fact." If that is case, you may wish to follow your own advice.
"Not remotely! Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."
VeggieLover is offline   Reply With Quote