Music Banter - View Single Post - Runners thread
Thread: Runners thread
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 10:20 AM   #41 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
Just curious, have you ever played ultimate frisbee? Football? Basketball? I mean at a serious, competitive level. Team sports are a different kind of challenge, but a challenge none the less. Have you every played on a serious, competitive basketball, ultimate frisbee, football etc. team? When was the last time you played a team sport competitively?
I'm leaving that grouped so you can see what you wrote. I have played fairly competitive (subjective) team sports, and in fact was raised on them. Basketball, Soccer, I've played in Adult Co-ed Leagues (since you asked about Ultimate Frisbee) in both Dodgeball and Kickball in WAKA (i'm sure you've seen those leagues, their nationwide). In the latter, I played on two teams that have clinched a division title. You can follow our success at each of the following blog links...

The Munt and Flip

and for last summer (The) Green Team!

(I'm listed as Brow)

I'll go on to point out that I've never gone on the record as saying these sports aren't challenging, their just in no way as challenging as endurance sports, and most specifically mountain biking. To further my point, I've swam in open waters with 200 other people in my heat and was slapped, punched, kicked and crawled over while attempting to marry speed with going in the right direction.

I've run with the flu, I've been unable to drive after rock climbing, and I have to pull my brother out of rocks once while kyacking. I'm not bragging, i'm saying when **** happens in endurance sports - you sink or swim. Theres no options otherwise. Challenges occur everywhere, and I'm not going to take the time to figure out if getting out of bed in the morning is worse than first level trigonometry, but in athletics nothing is more demanding than the endurance sports.