Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #3983 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Started this on Thursday but fell asleep before I could finish it. It's kind of a silly movie, I mean the dialogue can be a little hard to swallow was well as the lack of blood during certain scenes, but some suspension of disbelief has to be had during comic book movies. The movie did plenty of things right such as hiring Ron Pearlman as their lead actor and the use to actors rather than just full CGI. Still haven't seen the 2nd one yet, but one of these days I'll get around to it. If I believed in giving numerical scores for things I"d probably give this a 3.5 out of 5, not great but certainly better than most.

I enjoyed Sam Dunn's first documentary on metal, "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" so it's pretty hard not to like this one as it's more of the same, just in different countries. I would have preferred to see more of Sam on camera as well as more dialogue from him, but I certainly did learn about some interesting sounding metal bands, one of whom I can't believe I've been living without. Overall an informative and well done documentary that does expose people to more than just the North American, British, and European metal bands, however I would have liked to have seen some more bands for each country, but you do have time constraints and all that ****e so I won't hold it against Sam too much. Again I'd probably give this a 4 out of 5, worth a look, however if you're not a metal head than I would just recommend renting it.

Ahh an old (10 years now) cult favourite from Beavis & Butthead creator Mike Judge. Some incredible social satire here on office work, however there's also hints of satire to the manual labor work side of the story. Well written and rounded characters while still coupled with notable stereotypes make this a fun movie to watch if you've ever worked in an office environment. My only problem was with the DVD itself that it was scratched to **** so I ended up jumping around a few scenes and missed out on a few things, but I can't hold Mike Judge accountable for that. I honestly haven't enjoyed myself this much with a comedy in awhile, anybody who hasn't seen it really needs to do themselves a favour and see it already because you're not going to regret it.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote