Music Banter - View Single Post - Random Thoughts from people my age
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 09:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
It really pisses me off when I want to read a story on CNN.com and the link takes me to a video instead of text.

I think part of a best friend’s job should be to immediately clear the computer history if you die.

Was learning cursive really necessary?

“LOL” has gone from meaning, “laugh out loud” to “I have nothing else to say.”

I find it hard to believe there are actually people who get in the shower first and THEN turn on the water.
I especially agree with all these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you’re going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you’re crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.
I do this all the time

Quote:
Sometimes, I’ll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the f was going on when I first saw it.
I think everyone has a movie that they love so much it actually becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I’ll end up wasting 90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone’s laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I’m still the only one who really, really gets it.
For me that movie is Silence of the Lambs... but with a little less laughter I'd say. On another tangent, I saw Home Alone 2 the other day. I used to love that movie as a kid but now I'm wondering what the hell I saw in it.

Quote:
I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
I hate the converse situation more than this... it seems that I tend to bump into people I know when I haven't slept in 40 hours, am fuelled solely on caffeine and an insubstantial breakfast and consequently can hardly string together a sentence. Not the best time to meet the girl you have a mad crush on.

Quote:
Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, hitting the G-spot, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey – but I’d bet my ass everyone can find and push the Snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time every time.
Definitely one of the divine exceptions to Fitt's Law. I hate alarm clocks... I shot mine with a BB gun once.