Music Banter - View Single Post - Indie Band Names
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 07:56 AM   #35 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

Just out of curiosity, what is it that makes "Black Moth Super Rainbow" a bad band name but at the same time "Neutral Milk Hotel" a good one? I love both of those bands, but I haven't the slightest idea where NMH got their name from... And to tell you the truth, I can't think how many times I've mentioned them before to people that haven't heard of them only to get the response "That's a dumb name." And no one has mentioned Mew yet; while they have a 3 letter band name their new album is called No More Stories Are Told Today I'm Sorry They Washed Away No More Stories The World is Grey I'm Sorry They Washed Away. That's pretty bad. Then, there's Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution, whose name isn't necessarily bad for an acoustic ska punk sounding band that plays loud acoustic music. But they have a song entitled "They Provide the Paint for the Picture Perfect Masterpiece That You Will Paint on the Insides of Your Eyelids." Both of those are pretty damn pretentious if you ask me... absolutely unnecessarily long.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote