Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Tool Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #75 (permalink)
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainfall View Post
One thing I know well is Tool.

What I think is rediculous is how people say MJK is a 'god', when the main message of Tool is so against that. Religion is the opiate of the masses, people.
I arrogantly used to worship Tool and fixate myself on them, but the more I looked into them, the more I realize the message being sent was to think for yourself. Funny, they must laugh in the face of so many of their fans.
So I put them down, and now appreciate them as an amazing band, but not a whole lot more.

As for comparing Tool and APC, I don't think you should. Would you compare Tool with Puscifer? It's not different, I think KJM was with APC just to do something different just as he is experimenting with Puscifer now.
Yeah, it seems as though these two topics are quite popular in this thread. I'm pretty annoyed with the character that is Maynard. Very, very overrated. His side projects are not something I'm impressed by, either. Also, I used to be that fan that worshiped them and until recently. I've received the message, I feel, of how liberating it feels to think on your own, to be proven wrong, yet still be in sync with those around you. It's undeniable that Tool has been a helping hand in this realization. As overrated as they may be, most of the time, they aren't recognized for the raw brilliance they've shed into the world - socially and musically.
333 is offline   Reply With Quote