Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Tool Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 03:11 AM   #79 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
Most the time (especially where I live) ,when I see/hear Tool being recognized, it is because of how "****ing metal" they are when in all actuality, they are not that metal. Not only that, but those of us who rant on and on about the themed personal experiences Tool has incorporated into their music seem to forget where this band started out, how much they've progressed. Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough in my previous post, but I believe they are both overrated and underrated in different aspects, of course.

However, it is pushing 4:30 am over here, and if I stay up past 5am, I'm obliged to see the sun rise, so until my brain is recharged, Kate, I'm sure you'll find something to respond to in my post.
Ugh I know what you mean completely. I'm thankful that I've found someone else who is sick of Tool purely being recognised as a 'metal' assemblage. This attitude often means that the whole point of Tool as a band and as a communication 'tool' is completely missed.

Yeah, I'd have to agree that they are both overrated and underrated in many different ways.