Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicphantom's Records Reviewed
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 11:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_phantom13 View Post
4. Coitus Interruptus

This song's all about modern day relationships (at least at the time of release), and he uses some stupid puns ("Emission impossible"). At the end, a very out of tune background noise of some sort kicks in and Fad Gadget begins yelping, followed by an organ with some very harsh bizarre synthesizer noises over Fad Gadget just making strange noises.
I'm listening to this album again right now (checking out your reviews with each track) and it's funny how some of those strange noises he makes near the end of this song (the less silly ones) remind me of sounds in early Skinny Puppy. In fact I think it's fair to say that Fad Gadget was influential to many second-wave industrial bands like Skinny Puppy, with the dark synths and all.

Edit: I hadn't even seen your comment on the following track, "Newsreel", that it sounds like something on a Skinny Puppy album. Good call. Not only the sound but the subject.

Last edited by sidewinder; 09-02-2009 at 11:44 AM.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote