Music Banter - View Single Post - Guns N' Roses (Yes and Chinese Democracy, so don't make other threads on it.)
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #916 (permalink)
Bucket Foot
Music Addict

Well I can thank Guns N' Roses for me being such a music appreciater (spelling?) and for music having such an influence on my life. I found there GREATEST HITS thanks to a friend and finally heard some GNR other than "Welcome To The Jungle", "Paradise City" and "Sweet Child O Mine" (all very good songs). I fell in love instantly, especially with songs like "Patience", "You Could Be Mine", "November Rain" and most of all "Don't Cry".

I am a die-hard, and am proud to say. I love every single album and every single era they have gone through (with the exception of SPAGHETTI INCIDENT). There songs have really gotten through to me more than any others and I look at GNR as the greatest rock band to ever live. It really is too bad about all thats happened.

I am a huge fan of BOTH Axl Rose, and of course, Slash.

I do like the new Guns. Something that may not be the case for many Original GNR Fans and such. But I do like the new Guns and the band that Axl has put together. CHINESE DEMOCRACY was something I followed and looked forward to for years and I have a hard time NOT classifying it as my favorite album of all time as I have never got to see the release of a GNR album until now. The music is suberb. I always have loved Axl's soft side when it comes to music and CHIDEM captures the best of it. Its non-stop, top notch music and I love it.

Sometimes, yes, the bull**** is dissapointing and frustrating. Like (1) Why did CHIDEM take so long. (2) Where are you right now and why hasn't there been any interviews/ tours/ performances/ publicity? (3) What happened exactly with the original GNR? But, I can't let it get in the way of the music. Its just too good.

I got to see my hero in concert in November 2006 with Guns N' Roses in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada and loved it. A dream come true.