Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Oasis Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 04:02 PM   #358 (permalink)
Grotesque Head
Music Addict

The other day I dug out my old Oasis albums and gave them another listen, and I was surprised by how poor Morning Glory sounded. I suppose it's much too samey. Of the ballads, Wonderwall and Cast Now Shadow are okay, but I've never liked Don't Look Back In Anger and it's always been one of my least favourite Oasis tracks (and I'm not really much of a fan anyway). Hello, Roll With It, Hey Now, Some Might Say and Morning Glory are all way too similar and I'm sure She's Electric has the exact same chord progression as Married With Children. The only track that stands out as being a brilliant track, to me, is Champagne Supernova.

As poor as they are, at least Be Here Now and Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants have more than one standout between them (probably standout so much because everything else is so poor, to be honest). Don't Believe The Truth has a few decent tracks too (Turn Up The Sun and Part Of The Queue are particular favourites of mine).

If I were going to order them, I'd say:
1. Definitely Maybe
2. Don't Believe The Truth
3. Be Here Now
4. Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants
5. What's The Story (Morning Glory)
6. Heathen Chemistry
(Haven't heard their new one)

But, after Definitely Maybe it's all fairly substandard - and even then I don't think that Definitely maybe is half the album it's made out to be.