Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Oasis Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #360 (permalink)
Grotesque Head
Music Addict

I agree that Be Here Now and Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants aren't quite the travesties they're often made out to be.

Be Here Now is an interesting album, and it's very good in places (I personally like D'You Know What I Mean, Fade-In Out and All Around The World), but it does suffer greatly from being very, very over-produced and being much too long. Noel says it's a poor album, Liam says it's brilliant - when really it's somewhere in between, a pretty average effort really.

Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants sounds like a deliberate reaction to the criticism levelled at Be Here Now. The songs are relatively bare in comparison (though there's still some depth to the production on some tracks) and the album is very short. I really love ****in' In The Bushes, Go Let It Out and Gas Panic!, and a few others are interesting as opposed to good (Who Feels Love? Sunday Morning Call, Roll It Over). I agree that Little James and Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is are truly terrible songs - along with I Can See A Liar.

Heathen Chemistry is just diabolical. I remember about 3 or 4 years ago when I was a big Oasis fan, Heathen Chemistry was my favourite of theirs for a while - god knows how I came to that conclusion.