Music Banter - View Single Post - Pourmeanother's Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting Room
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 06:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
pourmeanother
Saaaad Panda

An ode to...

SIERRA NEVADA BREWING CO.

Sierra Nevada - located a few miles away from me in Chico, CA - is the gold standard for craft brew in the US.

Great ****ing beer, while nearing 100% sustainability. You read that right... 100% sustainability... they have taken recycle, reuse, reduce to a whole 'nother level. Leftover food scraps that most restaurants chuck are even put to good use by Sierra Nevada.

A tight thing, in my opinion, is that they don't flaunt their practices- even in a market where being "green" (in any way, shape, or form) is "cool". They go out and do their thing, and don't do it for praise or to boost sales.

Alright, enough talking about NOT beer, on to talking about beer...

The one you've seen

The green label (Pale Ale) is complex and flavorful. Perfect. There are more hops in this than there are naked pictures of Vanessa Hudgens on the net- a lot.

The one you haven't seen

This beer is a replacement of the old red label (Wheat). Yellow label (Kellerweis) is a hef that is very refreshing on a hot day. It's got a banana undertone, worth trying...

The one you should probably avoid

To be fair, Barleywine beer is an acquired taste. With that said, Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot Ale is the only beverage they produce that could make me vomit in small quantity. It checks in near 10% alcohol content, and has so many intense flavors... Ugh. This is an award winner, though, so if you're into that kind of thing- then who am I to judge?

...(to be continued)....
And waiting for blah
And hoping you were right about the blahs you made
And then, just when you think you've got the whole blah'd damn thing figured out
And you're surrounded by the ones you blah
Death shows up... anddd blah, blah, blah.
pourmeanother is offline   Reply With Quote