Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Deep Purple Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 05:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
^Nice post with insightgul comments

I'll say that although their later albums (as post who do you think we are) are not as strong, they still churn out awesome songs now and then later in their discography. Take the opener track from their 1984 comeback album Perfect Strangers (with Ian) for example .. I think it's awesome

"Knocking on Your Backdoor" seems to be about the bands collective mission-style efforts to score with certain chicks. Cheesy, a bit dumb and pretty darn cool I think.
I think Perfect Strangers is an average and listenable album but with some good songs "Knocking at Your Backdoor" and "Perfect Strangers" But by and large for this album and the follow up House of the Blue Light, the group were just dishing out there old sound and the whole thing at times sounded like a flat battery. Things went from bad to worse in the 90`s, especially bringing in Joe Lynn Turner ex Rainbow fame. A shame really, as Steve Morse was a great addition. I`ve not listened to either Bananas and their most recent but I know that Bananas received some good reviews.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote