Music Banter - View Single Post - Phantom's Music, Musings, and Musical Musings
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

Yeah, I'm not so sure how much interest there really is but I'm having fun doing it so it doesn't really matter.

This is going to reach back a little further than I just said I would go back in my last post (it's from April) but I really like these albums so I'm putting them up anyway:

Dananananaykroyd - Hey Everyone

The song's Pink Sabbath. Dananananaykroyd have a sound that to me harkens back to At The Drive-In's Relationship of Command, but injected with a nice fresh blast of indie rock and a bit of punk. It's not too often I find a very upbeat band and think of post-hardcore. This is great, check it out.

Pomegranates - Everybody, Come Outside!

The song's Tesseract. The Pomegranates make fantastic indie pop infused with a bit of a shoegaze feel (well, actually more that ethereal dream pop feeling). This is a really good album, you should get it.

EDIT: As long as I'm putting up The Pomegranates, here's another:

Memory Tapes - Seek Magic

This came out last week I think and I'm just now giving it a full listen. It's pretty good, but I'm disappointed because I found it searching for new shoegaze releases. Which is not really what this is. It's pretty good, more dreamy with less noise than the Pomegranates track. Enjoy.

Last edited by music_phantom13; 09-04-2009 at 10:28 AM.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote