Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Star Wars character
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #109 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
-The Plot Constantly Going Off on a Tangent. The original trilogy's storytelling was beautiful in it's simplicity, bad guys rule the galaxy, bunch of rebels try to overthrow them, great stuff. The new trilogy tried to be more of a LOTR-ish epic with many subplots and character backstories, and obviously Lucas is no Tolkien. Lucas deserves credit for putting so much effort in the backstory to really explain to us the universe and characters we've come to live. But maybe he tried too hard, the stories were too convoluted, Star Wars fans want fast paced action adventure and instead got more of a really drawn out backstory.
I totally agree with you, it's just I would had titled it differently.

I voted for Ben, Obi-Wan Kenobi. The whole arc of storyline in Star Wars double-trilogy is the Rise, Fall and Redemption of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. Ben Obi-Wan is the one that supports the arc of the story. The plot in Stars Wars (the first one aka Episode IV A New Hope) hinges on Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi. The plea of Princess Leia is intrusted to R2-D2 to be given to Ben. Luke Skywalker finds and befriends old Ben. Obi-Wan Kenobi is the one who provides a hint to the prequels that haven't been made yet, in the stories he tells Luke. Obi-Wan is the one who sacrifices himself during a light-saber dual, which was done to help save the Princess. Obi-Wan guides Anakin, then loses him to the Dark Side, then Obi-Wan guides Luke and it's Luke who saves his father, Anakin. So pretty much Obi-Wan is an impotant character. Plus I like the actors Alec Guinness and Ewan McGregor.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote