Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Star Wars character
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 11:09 PM   #112 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

The problem is, a lot of fans (me included) prefer the older style of special effects, using real models for the spaceships, using real puppets and elaborate alien/droid costumes and using real sets and matte paintings. It looks a lot more authentic to me, and I usually don't like it when films rely too much on CGI, which the new trilogy did, granted it was some of the best CGI work you could ask for. They should have used less CGI just to make it look more consistant with the older films, IMO.

But yeah, I know that Lucas wasn't satisfied with the way his original films turned out, but the fans were for the most part, some still prefer the original cuts of the first 3 films over the revised ones because the new scenes they added seem out of place, there's no better example of this than that damn singing alien scene from the Return of the Jedi re-release.

And then there was that laughable butcher job of the Greedo scene, did you see the re-edit they did? Did you see how Han's neck just freakishly bends at an impossible angle to avoid Greedo's laser? Yeah, George really f*cked up there.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 09-05-2009 at 05:51 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote