Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Star Wars character
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 06:27 AM   #124 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

You know, everyone hates on the Ewoks, but you know what? F*ck those assh*les.

Ewoks are awesome, a bunch of cudly teddy bears just chillin', but when the stormtroopers try to f*ck with them, they unleash a can of whoopass. Seriously what's not to like?

I don't think the Ewoks hurt RotJ at all, in fact I thought they were one of the best things about it. The idea of nature overcoming technology might be a tried and true plot device, but I think it's more well executed here than people give Lucas credit for.

First off. It's a common misconception when people say the Ewoks singlehandedly overthrew the empire, they didn't. They just distracted the bad guys so everything else was made possible. And c'mon, whining about how unbelievable that scene is, well it's kinda dumb when we're talking about, you know, A GODDAMN SPACE OPERA.

I actually found it to be quite plausible, I mean think about it, AT-STs aren't exactly flawless in their design. Just like the AT-ATs in Empire, they're big machines with long and lanky legs, the mere mistake of tripping over something renders them completely useless and vulnerable, and since they were in the freaking jungle there was a lot more stuff to trip over. Also the small size of the Ewoks made them hard to detect, especially when facing off against such large and bulky machines, and they also knew a lot more about their environment than the stormtroopers did. So of course they had a lot of great advantages.

The argument that Ewoks shouldn't have been capable of defeating the stormtroopers simply because of the technological gap is a pretty damn retarded one, especially when we all know stormtroopers aren't that bright to begin with. Geez, don't you idiots know anything about war? The environment can change the tide of any battle.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 09-05-2009 at 10:01 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote