Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 06:54 AM   #9673 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Today was horrible.

So this morning I head out for school and on the way I stop at a gas station and grab a pack of smokes and an energy drink (JavaMonster - Mean Bean). This is pretty much my routine. Well, about a quarter of the way to the school I feel part of my lip swelling, much like that of a fever blister but with no itch on it.
Shortly later, my head is tingling and itching all over, and heat waves are riding my scalp.
Halfway to the school, my whole upper lip is getting swollen and behind my ears are heating up and itching. By the time I get to the school, my entire scalp is itching and swollen, bottom lip is swelling, and I'm like "This isn't a fucking fever blister.

So I go to the bathroom and by this time, both lips are super swollen. The mirror confirms. It looked like I had a collagen injection and topped it off with a sexy red lipstick.

I get to my first class, thinking it may go away, but after I feel the itching spreading down my shoulders and neck, I pull my shirt to the side and I'm red as hell.
This was obviously an acute allergic reaction to something, but I have no idea what caused it since I have no known allergies and it just seemed too spontaneous and random, considering I've before never had problems with anything I normally consume. I didn't change detergents. Absolutely nothing about my daily routine was different.

So I go to the Nursing department head and she takes me to the hospital. After hours of waiting in the emergency room, the reaction is still spreading over much of my upper body. The itching was intense, I was dizzy, and my DSL's were probably attracting the attention of some perverted old men.

When I'm finally seen, they give me a shot of Epinephrine & Steroids in my thighs, another shot of something in my stomach, and a high blood pressure pill.

Let me tell you something about this Epinephrine... it's fucking crazy. I was instantly speeding, frightened, adrenaline pumping, heart pumping furiously, violently shaking, couldn't sit still... It was like a drug induced anxiety attack. But, it definitely kicked the shit out of the allergic reaction. I'm talking within seconds.

Well, the docs couldn't tell me what I'm allergic to, so since I don't want to find out the hard way, I'm just staying away from energy drinks... And well... I did eat two fried eggs before I left, but there's no way I'm giving those up. There's no way I'm allergic to them. 28 years of eating eggs, and suddenly I nearly go into anaphylactic shock from them? I don't buy it.
I'm thinking there was some kind of chemical or biological substance on the mouth of the energy drink can that either got there from the factory or from someone in the store. I always wipe the mouth of cans or bottles I buy from stores, but I don't think simply wiping it is effective in most cases.

Anyway, just be careful with what you guys buy out there. I have the healthiest immune system out of anyone I know and I've never had a single allergy... for something like this to happen to me kinda makes me wonder about the safety of what we acquire from public places.

Sucks too because I missed my classes.
I was going for perfect attendance.

/weird day.

Fuckin' 'ell!
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote