Music Banter - View Single Post - Bulldog and Jackhammer Present: Your Introduction To Reggae
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #54 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Scientist Rids The World Of The Evil Curse Of The Vampires (1981)

Scientist is a Protege of King Tubby (more later on him) who was primarily a producer but who made some classic albums in the 80's with his album titles and covers as legendary as the albums themselves. In fact I had quite a time trying to decide which of the Scientist albums I have to include here. With Scientist Wins The World Cup, Scientist Meets The Space Invaders and Scientific Dub all just as good.

Maybe I did choose this on a whim as they are all as good as each other. Scientist's approach to Dub was generally the composition of new tracks as opposed to eleborating on previous material. This means that Electronics play more of a part to get the required sounds and effects so indicative of dub. Some purists bemoan this style of Dub which is understandable but the music is so damn good, I find it hard to complain! Another feature of Scientist's music is the general Groove and the 'Jam' quality of the music with most tunes put down in a couple of days for Scientist to tinker with.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote