Music Banter - View Single Post - Last FM
Thread: Last FM
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #3437 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

My last 7 days:

The Shins 33
I played all three albums this week, been a fan since the first. Lovely.

Quella Vecchia Locanda 30
Excellent Italian Symphonic/Chamber Prog.

Mew 29
New album is pretty good. I ended up ordering the CD after these two plays.

Le Orme 27
Another great Italian Symphonic prog band, played their 3rd, 4th and 5th albums, the only ones I've ever heard.

Thingy 24
First time listening to them. One of the bands that Rob Crow from Pinback was in before Pinback.

Other Men 22
Another Rob Crow project, this one more recent. Basically it's the reformation of one of his pre-Pinback bands, Heavy Vegetable. One of my favorite albums of 2008. If you like Pinback and math rock, you should like this.

The Mars Volta 19
Played Octahedron and De-Loused in the Comatorium.

Keaver & Brause 17
Newcomer electronic duo producing something like a mix of Boards of Canada, Dabrye and Flying Lotus. It's been getting regular play.

Pekka Pohjola 16
Finnish bass player from the progressive rock band Wigwam, his solo albums are great jazz/rock fusion.

Il Rovescio Della Medaglia 16
More Italian Symphonic Prog. I made some fresh pasta sauce last Sunday and was in the mood for this genre, so I played a ton of it throughout the week.

Geskia! 15
I just discovered this Japanese producer of trip-hop/IDM. Played it at low volume while reading and then falling asleep so it needs another more attentive listen soon.

Candy Machine 15
Pretty obscure 90s indie rock/post-hardcore band. Some good songs but too much filler on the album A Modest Proposal.

Killed by 9V Batteries 15
Austrian indie rock band pulling influence from Les Savy Fav, Pavement and Sonic Youth, among others. Pretty solid.

Tool 15
I played Lateralus and a few other songs.