Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #1770 (permalink)
VeggieLover
Music?! Lets boogie!

no, crime and punishment is not on the required list for this year, just the recommended one. I figure i've got to get some brain points for trying.

I actually really enjoyed 1984. I guess I'm a big fan of the whole "humans staying human" concept...and doublethink just blew my mind. A lot of my classmates totally skimmed the whole "the book" sections (supposedly written by the goldstein guy) but honestly, those were some of my favorite parts. I also enjoyed the psycology of the torture towards the end. I've never endured any kind of intense physical (or emotional really) pain, so it is just a totally foriegn idea to me.

And, a big tsk tsk on my sophmore english teacher, I've never read lord of the flies even though its required reading. It was checked out when i tryed to read it on my own time. Whats so bad about it?
"Not remotely! Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."
VeggieLover is offline   Reply With Quote