Music Banter - View Single Post - Selected Sounds from a Sweet Wolf and 3 Small Animals Partying in A Cave
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 02:38 AM   #121 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

It's a bird!

It's a dinosaur!

No...

IT'S THE REBIRTH OF EVERYONE'S FAVORITE THREAD!

(Pause for applause)

That's right. I'm tired of the hiatus. I am back and ready to blow your minds once again. You. Are. Welcome. Unfortunately, I am still the procrastinating/lazy person I was before, so I do not currently have the desire to write out a long, in-depth album review like so many others that you can find around this site. Instead, I'm going to do this:

Five Songs That Have Recently Infested Themselves In My Earholes
...Damn, I am edgy.

1. Here's To Life - Streetlight Manifesto

First of all, holy shit isn't that intro awesome? Secondly, holy shit, aren't those horns awesome? Thirdly, ok, I love the vocals but I know they aren't for everyone. But they fit the music and you don't need the best of voices to sing at these speeds, right? A few months ago while discussing the vocals of Against Me!'s Tom Gabel, Pete (shout out!) sent me A Call to Arms by Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution which is where I first heard this song (both Streetlight Manifesto and BOTAR are fronted by Tomas Kalnoky, who is also a former member of Catch 22). I've been listening to a lot of ska-punk/horn heavy music lately, and this song is one of my current favorites.

2. Nantes - Beirut

Beirut is my newest obsession. I am a member of the group Zach Condon, I Might Just Rape You on Facebook, I have a picture of Zach Condon as the background of my computer, and Zach Condon's discography replaced Radiohead on my 4GB iPod........... I know, right? You know when you find a band that just blows you away and you fall in love at first listen? You have that moment of pure joy and think to yourself "where has this band been all my life?" My discovery of Beirut was one of those moments. Nantes is quickly becoming one of my most played tracks, and I am so certain that you'll love it, that upon your request I will send you the whole album The Flying Club Cup for free!

3. The Vowels Pt. 2 - WHY?

After I downloaded Alopecia I listened to this about eight times before I even made it to the second song of the album. This is an example of me stumbling upon a band I later realize is exactly the kind of band I was looking for. I love the internet. The entire album is really amazing, and even worth paying money for. I don't really have any other words to describe it. I need better words. Probably my favorite opening track since Interpol's Untitled. Speaking of Interpol...

4. There's No I in Threesome - Interpol

My favorite thing about Interpol is that they don't sound like anyone else. My other favorite thing about Interpol is the tongue-in-cheek lyrics.
Babe, it's time we give something new a try
Alone we may fight
So just let us be free tonight
Through the storms and the light
Baby you stood by my side
And life is wine
You feel the sweet breath of time
It's whispering it's truth not mine
There's no I in threesome

5. Fight The Power - Public Enemy

I don't think I even need to say anything about this one. Yeah, boy!

As always, links are available upon request.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote