Music Banter - View Single Post - Self Taught??
Thread: Self Taught??
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #125 (permalink)
Garo
Groupie

Guitar:

Now days it's easier to be self taught then before...all you need is on Youtube and you can find a Guitar Pro tab for every song...but...you need to have 2 basic things...Talent and strong will...If you have that, you don't need a teacher...

A good teacher will not teach you how to play music...He or She will teach you how to feel music and help you express yourself through music...

So my conclusion is...you don't need a teacher. You can learn everything just by looking at other people and trying to reproduce what they're doing...(while doing that, you'll probably find some new techniques that you weren't looking for at the time).

You also don't need a teacher for your creativity...you maybe just need a guide...

And this concludes the first 10-12 years of playing guitar...then look for a teacher that's a better guitarist than you are...If you pushed realy hard in the first part, finding someone better than you will be a difficult job, but then you'll know what is still there for you to learn...

(my English is not very good, but I think you understand what I mean...)
Garo is offline   Reply With Quote