Music Banter - View Single Post - salutations
Thread: salutations
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanAndSilence View Post
hello everyone, i thought it pertinent to introduce myself

i'm a singer/songwriter from sydney, australia. i'm always looking for good music to inspire me. this seemed like a suitable place to go to. my favourite albums atm are kid a, for emma, forever ago, and david bowie's "low". my main influences are psychedelic, ambient, folk, post rock and progressive. i really like abstract lyrics and poetry; i hate straightforward lyrics.

anyway HELLO HERP DERP
Welcome, OceanAndSilence,
I listened to "Babel"--very heartfelt, and I liked the increase in energy and intensity as you picked up the song. I enjoy abstract lyrics, too, but actually right now am writing lyrics that are intentionally almost completely devoid of metaphors and symbolism--about as straightforward as I can make them ! So it should be fun for me to listen/read your work for a change of pace!

I imagine it is lovely where you are (Australia). All I see around me is row after row after row after row after row after row after row of corn and soybeans (with an occasional livestock confinement to break up the monotony of agricultural monocultures).
--Erica
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote