Music Banter - View Single Post - salutations
Thread: salutations
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
OceanAndSilence
i write and play stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
I was referring to specific music preferences, other than the few you named. It's what we do here. Good luck fitting in, though.

Idiot.
oh my, you pressed enter a few times for effect!

as for my preferences, they're eclectic. i like many bands, and musicians, but i don't see the point of listing them. are my preferences a definition of me? sorry for not doing what you wanted, sugar. i don't think it's an issue of fitting in as much as it is an expression of individuality (and if that's what you meant by "fitting in", then i will fit in nicely). thank you for your kind words to a new member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Welcome, OceanAndSilence,
I listened to "Babel"--very heartfelt, and I liked the increase in energy and intensity as you picked up the song. I enjoy abstract lyrics, too, but actually right now am writing lyrics that are intentionally almost completely devoid of metaphors and symbolism--about as straightforward as I can make them ! So it should be fun for me to listen/read your work for a change of pace!

I imagine it is lovely where you are (Australia). All I see around me is row after row after row after row after row after row after row of corn and soybeans (with an occasional livestock confinement to break up the monotony of agricultural monocultures).
--Erica
thanks. i wish i lived in that sort of area... i live in suburban sydney. i'm sure it's no smogfest like some parts of america, but it's getting there.

Last edited by OceanAndSilence; 09-09-2009 at 12:45 PM.
OceanAndSilence is offline   Reply With Quote