Music Banter - View Single Post - Guitarists: Let's see the weaponry
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #97 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I dont mind the floppy aspect, as it makes it easier to bend for me, just that the sound is good on that guitar.

I know a lot of guitarists that use it for that kind of music...like Brant Bjork, and Boris, but they also have insane amounts of expensive parts and effects.

And the faded is like 2-3oo less because they didnt put as much finish and varnish on Its not like a give a ****, gona just paint it anyways !!
it's not bending the strings that becomes the issue when tuning low. the challenge is NOT bending the strings when trying to play a chord.

GB is also right about the thick strings going sharp when they're new. you REALLY need to stretch them out and wear them down a bit before they get 'in tune'. it's not something to consider if you're one of those guys that prefers using fresh strings and can accurately remember the last time they changed the whole set of them.

and while the SG is nice have you considered the ESP/LTD Viper series? similar but still unique, cheaper, and usually loaded with EMGs so you get less hum if you run a lot of effects.

The ESP Guitar Company :: LTD Deluxe Guitars - Viper-1000 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote