Music Banter - View Single Post - Guy's Gallivant Into Music
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #27 (permalink)
zeppy111
16, so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
Some really great choices throughout this thread, especially in the last 2 posts. Doolittle is nothing less than indispensable for any music fan. Sorted the videos for you!
Thank you. I have my parents playing that album now, who are into their 50's, as well as a friend who had absolutely no musical interest at all. She didn't know who they Beatles or Coldplay were

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Just been reading your journal and its a great read, especially liked reading about the South African bands, who probably like most people on here I`d never heard of before.

Placebo`s first album is certainly one of the great debut albums in the 90`s with its glam rock and cerebral metal feel, but for me the essence of its greatness is Robert Schultzberg`s drumming, very reminiscent of Jimmy Chamberlin with is dense powerful sound that`s kept on a leesh.
I am glad you enjoyed the thread. I only really posted one South African band here but I do think I reviewed a couple prominent bands and albums in the album reviews section. (Goldfish, Underbelly, Fokofpolisiekar)

I am compiling a compo of some South African stuff and will have it up within the next day or so, so if you are interested DL that and share your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
I discovered this band through a friend a few years ago and fell in love with them. As soon as I began complaining about the lack of a new album, "Battle for the Sun" came out, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

"Placebo" does capture the heart of the band. I would love to know what you thought about "Battle for the Sun," though. Whether you review it or just reply doesn't matter. [=

Good choice.
I can certainly see why you love them, they do sound rather spectacular at times. I will try my up-most to have a little something about it up over the weekend. Cheers for stopping by.

My Blog (album of the day): http://musicfromthesouth.blogspot.com
zeppy111 is offline   Reply With Quote