Music Banter - View Single Post - Wassup?
Thread: Wassup?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 02:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Certif1ed
Music Addict

Yup, I really once played bass for the Ozrics - just the once, mind!

It was one of those things - I was due to play a gig with a band and they didn't show.

There I was, armed with my bass, at the gig, capacity audience, all psyched up and ready to play and no band to play with - man, I HAD to play, so I asked Ed if it was cool for me to get up on stage and jam with the guys, and he agreed.

It was a real rush for me - even though in 1984, the Ozrics were still pretty much unheard of outside of the underground circuits. I used to see them supporting the likes of The Magic Mushroom Band, Here & Now, Gong, etc, which was the same circuit my band played on. We were called Original Gravity - you won't have heard of us, or any other band I've played for.

I've been playing bass a long time, but my skills have hardly moved on at all. You can hear some of my stuff on my MySpace page, but I play ALL guitars, so I'm a bit of a Jack of all skills, rather than master of any of them.

I did once jam with Gary Moore (ex Skid Row, Colosseum II, Thin Lizzy, etc), and fix Barrie Barlowe's PC while he was doing his drum practice, had Dan Carter (Radio 1 Rock DJ) as my band's photographer before he found fame - and a few other minor claims, but nothing serious.

/me makes note to hunt for a "claims to fame" thread...
Certif1ed is offline   Reply With Quote