Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 08:45 AM   #239 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantSong View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like Orton, but I just don't see him as an iconic quarterback. I mean, he gets the job done, which is all any fan can ask for, but I've found myself forgetting who he even is half the time.

I'm hoping he'll make a mark this year.

As for Simms, I can't say I've paid THAT much attention to him, maybe I've just been biased because I dig Brandstater so much.
I do like Brandstater, just worried he will become the perennial project tease, looking nice but either a) never given a chance or b) never really living up to expectation when up against the best. If he plays its not like he will be severely disadvantaged behind a great line and what should be a competent-good running game and WR core, just think he will be out of his depth is all.

I think it will be a bit of both. Given a BIT of time (Not enough though) and looks meh, and then you draft a QB high.

I felt the same with Josh Johnson @ Tampa... Highly talented, good with his legs and general throwing, and is a project, but one I rated highly. Now this year, they draft Freeman, an inferior project/player, who will be given all the chance in the world whilst JJ becomes waiver fodder and 3rd string PS type of QB.

Giants fan btw.
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote