Music Banter - View Single Post - Similar Minds
Thread: Similar Minds
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 02:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
My result for the Jung Personality Test:

Introverted iNtuiting Feeling Judging
(INFJ)
Hmm, the personality test (Personality test based on Jung - Myers-Briggs typology) also said that my type is...

"INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

Moderately expressed,
Strength of the preferences: 44, 50, 38, 33%"

The test results went on to provide the following information about INFJ people in addition to what was quoted in the previous post (I have put in bold the sentences that I feel are accurate about me):

Quote:
"Counselor idealists (INFJ) are scarce, little more than one percent of the population, and can be hard to get to know, since they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones. They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise.

Blessed with vivid imaginations, Counselors are often seen as the most poetical of all the types, and in fact they use a lot of poetic imagery in their everyday language. Their great talent for language-both written and spoken-is usually directed toward communicating with people in a personalized way. Counselors are highly intuitive and can recognize another's emotions or intentions - good or evil - even before that person is aware of them. Counselors themselves can seldom tell how they came to read others' feelings so keenly. This extreme sensitivity to others could very well be the basis of the Counselor's remarkable ability to experience a whole array of psychic phenomena.

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.

INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.
Heh heh...the line about "remarkable ability to experience a whole array of psychic phenomena" made me chuckle because I feel my mind equals my brain and there is no evidence for any psychic abilities beyond neuronal function. I feel "psychic" phenomena are misunderstood coincidences. I am extremely NOT New Age.

Unlike in the description above, I am theoretically very willing to talk about almost all my emotions and experiences because I feel that being exactly as I am is the best way to connect with others honestly. However, while I can easily talk about emotions, I am private about experiencing them with others in person...that is, I don't show my deepest emotions easily in person, but I can *talk* about them, if that makes sense.

Finally, the test did include among INFJ career recommendations "Social Work" and "Science"--both of which I have done or am doing. My most meaningful "job" (if an outgrowth of one's passions can be called a job) was working as an advocate for survivors of rape and/or domestic violence at a shelter and for rape victims at the hospital. It was a job I felt fearful to do in some ways (it required me to be more outgoing than I "naturally" am and I am afraid of danger), but I was very motivated to be an advocate because I felt it was a privilege to be there for people at such a horrible time in their lives. The test did correctly show that I love poetry: I like the process of converting experiences, thoughts, and feelings into words and seeing others do so, too. I am interested in how other people's minds work and how life feels for them.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 09-12-2009 at 02:20 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote