Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #1442 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

well, anyway, it's an opinion. and in my opinion i like Nu Metal, alot of it really has that kind of groove that i can get into . i guess it's a preference thing

as for who i connect with more, i felt much more with Soundgarden, especially on a album like Badmotorfinger than i have listening to Nirvana.

and Foo Fighters, i can agree they're not the most original band, but being original doesn't always mean being good. they're good at what they do, and that's better than trying to be original and ending up with a ****ty sound.

with that said, a few more

-Nu Metal is more groove dependent than technically, which may be the reason for some of the hate; some people just dont know how to get into a groove .

-not saying every groove music fan is supposed to like it, it's all about preference really.

-"originality" is overrated. not saying being bland is better, but you can be an interesting and enjoyable group without having to change the whole music industry.

-although if you can do both, that's great

-Pearl Jam's album Ten is pretty "meh" to me. i much more like their other album Yield

-Synyster Gates is a really good guitarist, albeit a little sloppy.

-Limp Bizkit would've actually been pretty good if Fred Durst hadn't ****ed it all up

-Giant Steps > anything Miles Davis has ever done

-Stone Temple Pilots' musicians are very good and highly underrated

-BOB MARLEY ISN'T THE ONLY REGGAE ARTIST OUT THERE!!

-I'm really not into Dream Theater, but Take The Time is a great track. the rest of their stuff can **** off.

-Cynic need to be a hell of alot more recognized in the metal community

-Billie Joe Armstrong is a good guitarist, if you don't believe me look up the songs "At The Library" and "The Judges Daughter"

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?

Last edited by Antonio; 09-12-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote