Music Banter - View Single Post - Awesome 5 Year Periods in Music History!
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 07:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
storymilo
Music Addict

In an effort to be different from the previous ones, I'm going with 1976-1980

1976- This year has some good music. Ramones release Ramones, Queen did A Day At The Races , The Rolling Stones released Black And Blue, Led Zeppelin's Presence (some people don't like it, but I do), and The Buzz****s were just beginning

1977- Wow what a year, David Bowie's Low, Elvis Costello's debut My Aim Is True, Animals by Pink Floyd, Aja by Steely Dan, Television's Marquee Moon, Iggy Pop's The Idiot, Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols by The Sex Pistols, Queen's News Of The World... the list goes on

1978- Bruce Springsteen released Darkness On The Edge Of Town (my second favorite by him), Elvis Costello did This Years Model, Kate Bush's The Kick Inside, So Alone by Johnny Thunders, The Man Machine by Kraftwerk, The Kink's Misfits, More Songs About Buildings and Food by Talking Heads, and many more

1979- This year had some good ones. AC/DC, Highway To Hell, London Calling by The Clash, Pink Floyd's The Wall (I'm not much of a fan, but it does deserve recognition), Talking Head's Fear Of Music, Reggatta De Blanc by The Police, and others

1980- Here we have The River by Bruce Springsteen, Freedom Of Choice by Devo, Crazy Rhythms by The Feelies, Joy Division's Closer, Talking Head's Remain In Light, The Pretender's debut Pretenders, Dead Kennedy's Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables, The Cure's Seventeen Seconds, and more

Great thread by the way!
storymilo is offline   Reply With Quote