Music Banter - View Single Post - Guitar sound recording
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 02:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfmr View Post
hi.

i play electric guitar for a while and i whould like to record some of it. i always recorded it with the pc micro but it sucks. anyone knows a simples program to record it just with a connect betwin the guitar amp and pc? the most simple thing but sounding nice. any program?

thanks,
You have 2 options, the first of which I dont think is nearly as easy.

1. Do what Mr. Dave said and get a decent sound card because thats really whats making it sound good, not the program.

2. (What I use) This option is usually cheaper and works VERY well despite what people may try and persuade you to do. A fast track external audio box like in the picture below will record any thing you can muster up. Mic, piano, guitar, bass and on and on.

This is an M-Audio fast track you can get anywhere for 50-100 bucks. I suggest getting the 100 dollar version because it comes with a very easy to use but solid music editing program (along with thousands of samples).

--On the other hand if your willing to spend money or know your way around the internet you can get a program such as garage band/fruityloops/sonar etc.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote