Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 06:36 AM   #4087 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Actually what I've found with Alan Moore adaptations is that it's better to see the movie first then read the comics. That way you get an appreciation for the direction that the movie takes rather than constantly comparing it to the comic. That's what I found with both The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and From Hell. Still have yet to see The Watchmen or read it, something I've been holding out on for over a year now.
Eh, I haven't read the comic but I thought the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie was incredibly awful.

I can't blame Moore though, I'm sure the comic is great, and he refuses to be associated with any of the movies based on his work, including The Watchmen.

Thing is, some things work in one kind of media and they don't work so well in another, comics take place in their own crazy universe and trying to translate that to film is pretty challenging. There have been some great comic book movies lately but it took some super talented directors like Raimi, Del Toro, Nolan and Singer to pull it off.

Video game projects never attract talented directors so that's one reason they fail. Plus, while the storylines for Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil might have been deep and complex by video game standards, they weren't given enough substance to really work as movies.

Comics have a LOT of plot though, and sometimes the challenge is making a movie that's faithful to the comic without being too complicated for casual viewers.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote