Music Banter - View Single Post - Tore's Treasure Trove v2.0 - Album Reviews!
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 09:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Ah, the Sisters Of Mercy! Not only the name of a sublime Leonard Cohen song, but a name that's been recommended to me for years now (by some geezer I used to know who, incidentally, told me he was a mate of Martin Degville's from Sigue Sigue Sputnik). I've definitely come across that Lucretia song before as well - wasn't it sent in to one of the MB comps a while back? They're a name that's been on my radar for a while then but, like a lot of others, one I haven't looked into just yet.

Cracking write-up anyway. Good thread too.
Thanks a lot! I believe I did enter the Lucretia song into one of the comps, but I can't remember which one. I've often put stuff I've reviewed in those.

While Floodland is my favourite album, their other stuff isn't all bad either. Their debut is brilliant, especially the title track. Vision thing which was their third is not as good, but it does have some redeeming qualities. The song "more" is rather good from that one, I think. The first time I heard about the sisters was sometime back in the 90s and the song that got me interested in the group was "temple of love" which featured guest singer Ofra Haza. I found the video on youtube, though it's highly edited from an 8+ minutes song into a 3 minutes one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNineDream View Post
That review would've been really helpful two months ago. There was a Sister of Mercy concert in here, but I didn't know anything about them so I didn't go. I researched them, but it was hard to see from where to begin. Anyway, great review!
Begin with their debut or Floodland!

This review was actually here two months ago .. My old journal which had this review in it was hard deleted a month ago, so this is an old writeup.