Music Banter - View Single Post - Guitarists: Let's see the weaponry
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 06:42 AM   #100 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_lips_sink_ships View Post
Since we are talking about SGs...

By the way, did I mention these cost as much as a standard SG? ****ing beautiful.
They look cool, but heres a list of things that makes me think they're form over function.

1 - They're made by Gibson.
2 - Not an established tonewood, at least for solid bodies. Also a very very soft and pliable wood. (I don't trust it to be durable or to last long without warping on the neck or sustaining serious dings to the body very easily. Also, mounting a bridge in such a soft wood might oval the holes.
3 - HOW MUCH GLUE? Seriously, this thing must be made half of glue half of wood. Thats not exactly going to promote good tone.
4 - SG necks are all held in by a finger width strip of wood, since the pickup route takes out a lot of wood. This makes the joints very weak, liable to damage and again, not great for tone.
5 - Its a gibson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote