Music Banter - View Single Post - Liquors!
Thread: Liquors!
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #30 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
^As I wrote, we don't have the word scotch in Norway. Regardless of what you think, among those who care for whiskeys, there's many who draw distinctions between whisky and whiskey. You can choose to respect it or not. If you don't respect it, you may get into language conflicts with those who do.

I do respect it and if I use the word "whisky" and not "whiskey", it's because I'm specifically referring to whiskys from specific localities. Scotch is a word I've yet to use much but maybe I should adopt it here to avoid future confusion.
"Whiskeys"? Wait... what's this? Did I just see you use one word to refer to this entire category of beverages regardless of their country of origin? Watch out or you might offend the delicate sensitivities of some of those New York Times readers!

As I mentioned in my first post in this thread I do care for whiskeys! Bourbon whiskeys specifically are my absolute favorite type of alcohol hands down. It's just the people who get hung up on minor regional spelling difference which sound exactly the same when spoken aloud that I don't care for.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote