Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 03:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
Piss Me Off
Moodswings n' Roundabouts

Nominated by Conan

John Zorn

Whether or not you've heard of him, John Zorn has had a tremendous impact on jazz punk, avant-garde, and other expirimental genres. When somebody has over 400 albums to his name, you're bound to love some of John's music.

John is an avid saxophonist and a talented multi-instrumentalist, often using his instruments in ways never thought possible.

He has released over dozens of jazz albums, notably his jazz quartet Masada has over 40 releases.

In 1988 he founded Naked City, a hardcore project of sorts, which John described as a 'compositional workshop' to test the limitations of a rock band format. And test limits it did. Sonic blasts of screaming, distorted saxophone coupled with bombastic blast beats and raving guitar defined the groups sound, and yet even within the boundries of specific projects John's expirimentation knows no boundries.

John has been active in everything from Film Music to avant-garde concert compositions. To try and describe all that this man has done is truly impossible.

If you want to see just a partial list of everything this man has done, see Discography of John Zorn on Wikipedia. For a more complete list, see this web page.

Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape