Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 07:19 AM   #1545 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_phantom13 View Post
-Red Hot Chili Peppers were better on BSSM than any of their earlier albums.
-Foo Fighters are a rather generic band.
-Lil' Wayne is the ****, and more or less the only popular rap that I actually listen to.
-Led Zeppelin was not overrated at all, the band was ****ing great.
-The Beatles, however, were.
-Bat for Lashes' Two Suns was mostly a piece of crap with two powerful songs.
-Veckatimest and Hospice are two other albums that were decent but highly overrated.
-The new DOOM album is nowhere nearly as good as anything he has done before.
-I don't worship Pitchfork, nor do I despise it. I absolutely cannot understand why people hate it so much, sure they pick some complete **** for bands sometimes to hype but I guess the reviewers like them.
-Built to Spill was one of the most overrated bands from the 90s. Also, I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One was not a good album.
-Steel guitar is probably the worst instrument ever created. If a song has one in it, there is about a 98% chance that I will not like it.
-Choking Victim is better than Leftover Crack.
-I think that being an indie hipster that only listens to music that no one else knows about would be a better compromise than not listening to music at all or only listening to the crappy popular radio stations.

That's about all I can think of right now. You can all hate me now :p
Agree with these.

Also... regarding the last one about hipsters: I'd rather someone listen to music because they actually LIKE it (even if it is crappy popular radio stations) or not listen to music because they aren't interested in it, rather than pretend to like stuff and listen to obscure indie things to appear hip and cool.