Music Banter - View Single Post - Flower Child's
Thread: Flower Child's
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #100 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsubmissivewife View Post
I do have to admit to this song being a guilty pleasure of mine...well, alot of Live's music is actually. Great job with your mini review there. I have to take exception though to you calling them a one hit wonder...I seem to remember them having quite a few songs that became radio hits besides "Lightning Crashes", such as '"I Alone", "Dolphin's Cry", and "Selling the Drama", just to name a few. My personal favorite song of theirs is "Dance With You", which wasn't a big hit but is simply beautiful. I think if you liked "Lightning Crashes", you may like that one as well.

Good going on your journal by the way. I find myself reading quite a few journals but not commenting much. Keep it up girl!
Thank you, kind lass. I'm so glad to see you stoppin in. As for Live being a one hit wonder, probably more of my opinion showing through than actual fact there! haha, So sorry about that. I will most definitely give those songs you mentioned another go, its been ages since I've even listened to them. Including this song, I had my ipod on shuffle this morning and this song came on and it reminded me how much I liked it. Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
This is a great song. I'm glad you can post about your love for it without worrying what others will think! Because as far as I've discovered, Live aren't a very admired band. But you're right, Lightening Crashes is a beautiful song, I'm not really familiar with much of their other stuff but I've always really enjoyed this song.
Completely agree with you there, you have to appreciate the effort and thought they put in this one. They really took the lyrics in an interesting direction. Anyway thanks for taking a look, Lateralus.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote