Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Top 10 Favourite Hip Hop Producers?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
QuickDime
The Legend~! The King~!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarsandcents View Post
I know there's already a thread commenting on a top 50 list of hip hop producers in which the issue is discussed, but most of the topic is based on discussing the list provided, so I thought we could talk production here. Feel free to base your list on whatever you feel, who has influenced production most, or just personal preference. I'm personally going for my favourites, producers who make the music which I listen to. Anyway, there's no particular order.

J Dilla
Pete Rock
RZA
Hi-Tek
Madlib
Q-Tip
Eric B
9th Wonder
MF Doom
DJ Premier

I feel bad leaving Dre out, his beats are huge and you can identify a Dre beat a mile off, but I hardly ever listen to the majority of West coast artists he produces for so I had to leave him out. I'd love to include some more recent and up and coming producers like Black Milk, Nujabes, Nomak, Jake One, Nottz amongst many others, but I guess they'll have their part to play in the future and would probably make the list if I was to extend it to 20.

I've probably forgotten some, I've kind of rushed this. Anyway, make your personal lists and hell, let's seize the opportunity and post some of our favourite beats by our favourite producers. I'll hunt down some of my favourite beats by the producers on my list asap. Enjoy!

HAHA so I was right. Let me draft something quick.

01.Timbaland (hate all you want, hit's don't lie! Fav Beat "Is That Yo Biitch")
02.Kanye West (Fav Beat "Spaceship")
03.Just Blaze (Fav Beat "Girls Girls Girls")
04.Organized Noize (Fav Beat "So Fresh, So Clean")
05.Neptunes (Fav Beat "Allure")
06.DJ Toomp (Fav Beat "Be Easy")
07.Hi-Tek(Fav Beat "Eastside Ridaz")
08.BattleCat (Fav Beat "G'd Up")
09.Dr. Dre (Fav Beat "Hennessy & Buddah")
10.DJ Premier (Fav Beat "So Ghetto")
QuickDime is offline   Reply With Quote