Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 05:16 AM   #4337 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

I've just got off the phone to Orange Braoadband.
I rang them to cancel my connection because I'm going over to another ISP.
On ringing I got the usual...press 1 for this...2 for that etc, etc. then had to wait a good 10 minutes of enforced listening to shite music before finally getting through...to an Indian call centre.
Or so I thought.
I was then put on hold again for another 10 minutes of tortuous, coma inducing muzak before finally being connected to their "finance department", only for the idiot on the other end of the phone to tell me the contract had been cancelled "thank you and goodbye".
..and hung up.

Fine...if it wasn't for the fact that I didn't want the cancellation to be until the end of next month (when my other ISP has been set up).

Fearing I was about to lose my connection earlier than I wanted to...I rang again.
Another 15/20 minutes later of the same appalling musak (this time accompanied by much swearing) and what seemed like an endless string of transfers which appeared to take me on a tour of half the known world...I eventually got through...to a moronic Geordie female...in Newcastle!
Not only did she know less about what she was doing than her Indian counterparts (who were easier to understand btw), she didn't even seem to grasp the simple concept of me wanting to terminate my connection with Orange.
Every time I said I wanted to cancel, she rattled out another impressive deal in a vain attempt to keep me as a customer.
Undeterred, I finally managed to get it through her thick skull that I did in fact want to leave...really...and no, I wasn't interested in any of her enticing packages she had to offer.
I explained that I wanted the contract to end at the end of October and she finally relented... then the thick, cheeky bitch hit me with a £24.61 disconnection fee!!!

TWENTY FOUR POUNDS SIXTY ONE PENCE!!!...what the bloody fuck!!!

I've been with Orange for the best part of 4 years and they want to charge me £24.61 for the privilege of leaving.
Not only is it ridiculous to charge someone for cancelling, especially when I'm out of contract (by about 3 years)...but where the hell do they get such a random amount from? £24.61?

Unfuckingbelievable!
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote