Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 08:37 AM   #4340 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

The indian guy you spoke to RT will probably just be based in Newcastle. Theres an Orange contact centre in Newcastle, a lot of the folks I worked with at BT broadband went to Orange. There are of course other centres and it wouldnt surprise me if some of those are in India but if you ended up at the same department twice then you probably spoke to Newcastle twice rather than their queues being routed randomly between two different locations.

Actually we used to get a lot of complaints about that, about the indian guys at our place. Everyone was just assuming they were getting routed to India. We even had a desk set up for people who had complained when they actually WERE speaking to the Indian centres and demanded to speak to someone based in the UK. As most of these people were idiots (not all of them mind you) we actually had a perfectly spoken indian guy working with us on it, just to sort the genuine complainers from the racists :P

However getting charged to cancel? That really doesnt sound right. I'm relatively certain that even BT dont charge to do that, unless of course you are still under contract then they make you settle the rest of it.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote