Music Banter - View Single Post - Yodeling
Thread: Yodeling
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 08:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
English band Adam & The Ants also used some watered down yodeling, at least in the B-side from their "Stand and Deliver" single which was "Beat My Guest" (very clever pun there). The yodeling isn't impressive but I actually like the song.
Hey, I liked Adam and the Ants a lot back in the 70's and 80's...but I didn't remember this song. Thanks for sharing it! The song *is* a good example of the quirky feeling that watered-down yodeling offers to New Wave music, in this case. It is nice to hear yodeling used outside its original yodeling genre. Ah, the 80's! I am now feeling nostalgia for the music of that era...sigh.

Here's another Adam and the Ants song, "Stand and Deliver," that has a tiny bit of yodeling in it, I'd say. I like almost all Adam and the Ants' songs because they are so playfully risque and quirky (such that a little yodeling fits right in yet, I feel, sounds cool). An aside: doesn't "Adam" look like Johnny Depp's Captain Sparrow from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies?
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 09-18-2009 at 10:51 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote