Music Banter - View Single Post - Is it just me, or does heaven sound like a really horrible place?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 07:18 PM   #58 (permalink)
storymilo
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Especially if people go to heaven only to forget about their experiences on earth.

That would making testing us pointless and if god was gonna do something like that anyway why not just brainwash everybody so nobody has to go to hell?

Why give us free will, just so we can pass a test where the reward is... no more free will? That sounds great dosen't it?
Maybe we weren't supposed to enjoy free will? If heaven is devoid of free will, does that mean it's counterpart hell has free will? In that case, sin here I come...

I prefer the idea of a god that isn't all-knowing and all powerful. It's a pretty ridiculous idea but think about it this way. We can create computers that are programmed to perform one function without stopping or changing it's routine. We can also create machines designed to do more complicated things; however, we still maintain control over what the computer will do. If life is only a test from god, it seems we are just computers programmed by him. But there are of course science fiction story's and so on where computers actually take control of themselves, and the humans lose control. Imagining god as a scientist who lost control of his computer (us) sounds better to me than a god who controls everything we do, even if it seems we have free will.
storymilo is offline   Reply With Quote