Music Banter - View Single Post - 2012
Thread: 2012
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #370 (permalink)
anabundanceoftubes
Music Addict

Well we have. and that was scarily speedy response.
But to drag ourselves back to the topic, people have come up with these end of the world theories since year 1. Jesus even said that before his apostles died he'd be back, and the end of the world would ensue. Well.. it's 2009 clearly things didn't work out that way. It's not mentioned very much anymore. Christians find such an obvious flaw kind of embarrassing.
Also, examine the 19th century. Pretty much every Saturday was the end of the world for 7th Day Adventists. They'd give away all their earthly possessions, and go stand on a hill waiting for the rapture. I feel kind of bad for them...imagine their reactions when the sun went down, they were naked, cold and homeless, and still hadn't been taken to Heaven. Then they have to huddle together and come up with the next day to stand naked on a hill.
There's even a word for it. Millenarianism. - Not for 7th Day Adventists for "the belief by a religious, social, or political group or movement in a coming major transformation of society, after which all things will be changed".

I don't know why people are so obsessed with it. Personally I'd rather just push that world ending idea until the sun goes supernova.
anabundanceoftubes is offline   Reply With Quote