Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #4112 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

I thought I'd check out some non-demanding mainstream American films from '09 over the weekend. First up was The Hangover which was surprisingly entertaining, despite the fact that it was obviously made for American-hetero-assholes (sorry guys but there really is a distinct class of people which is bread in American colleges and I'm pretty sure it doesn't thrive in any other environment). It's like their perfect fantasy of a bachelor party, and it has all the ingredients for drunken retelling by these very same assholes: there's an uberbutch heteroasshole role model, a nerdy doormat which comes to his senses, the perfectly upstanding dude and the weirdo for the "ha-ha and then that weirdo did this!" moments. So, even though I wanted to shove my fist in every one of their assholes, it was a surprisingly entertaining 90 or so minutes. I can totally see why it became such a monster at the boxoffice.

If any of that came off as offensive, well...though shit.

Oh and then I watched 27 dresses with my niece (I know, I'm the greatest uncle ever for putting myself through that but it's really tough to pick a fun film for a 13 year old girl). Anyways, it was really bad and predictable and not the least bit entertaining, but I think she had fun so hey...

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote