Music Banter - View Single Post - Ugly Things People Do/Wear To Look Attractive
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 10:07 AM   #315 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
This drives me mental, why would you go out looking like this:

Vanilla, do you not like this fashion choice because she's one of right-track's "Orange People" (below) or because you don't like the garish contrast between the orange skin and the bright, lemon-yellow clothing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
Orange people.
Tragic!

About height:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
[I'm] Only 5 feet 8 and a date wearing high heels is like a slap in the face. Fortunately they're not very tall horizontally. Eehh? ehhhhhh?

Sigh...
I'm ronely.
Hmm. Amazing coincidence. *I'm* 5 feet 8 inches tall.

Heh.
------------

VEGANGELICA'S VIEW ON FASHION:
The only fashion trends I dislike, really, are the ones in which people hurt their own bodies or others' in the name of vanity. For example,
--high heels are bad for people's feet, spines, etc.;
--body piercings create small, unnecessary wounds (I avoid acquiring additional, unneeded holes in my body whenever possible);
--hair permanents use toxic chemicals that harm both hair stylists and those whose hair is being permed;
--make-up is often made with byproducts of animals and tested on rabbits causing them pain and suffering;
--sun tans represent UV damage to DNA causing the skin to react by increasing melanin production;
--bras, especially underwire, may increase certain health risks by reducing lymphatic drainage (“Premenopausal women who do not wear bras had less than half the risk of breast cancer compared with bra wearers.” (Hsieh, C.C. and D. Trichopoulos, D. Eur. J. Cancer 27:131-5 1991).
--unpragmatic fashion trends such as people getting their hair cut every month for usually $20 per pop (which includes most men). Getting your hair cut short frequently seems very unpragmatic to me since if you grow your hair longer you have...
(1) acquired built-in sun protection (no more Red Necks);
(2) saved $200 per year and purchased perhaps just one additional bottle of shampoo for a couple bucks.
My feelings on men with short hair, however, may be biased by the fact that my favorite fashion trend was Tricorner hats on men with ponytails. A Tricorner hat is very pragmatic, by the way: it protects you from the sun *and* funnels away water so that it spills to the sides over your shoulder!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote