Music Banter - View Single Post - Ugly Things People Do/Wear To Look Attractive
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 01:20 PM   #322 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
I agree with Vegangelica. More women should be naked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Seussicide View Post
Dude, you want to open pandora's box? XD
It is true that I am dismayed when people, usually due to religious beliefs or oppression, cover their body to "look attractive" and "appropriate." I oppose unegalitarian laws that force women to cover more of their body than men. At last the Unfan and I may have found a point of agreement (GASP!).

For example, indecency laws in the U.S. force women to cover their chests while men can go out in public shirtless (regardless of the size of *their* breasts). This sexist law is the same in theory, although not in degree, as laws in conservative Muslim countries that force women to cover their whole bodies/hair/even faces. If men can be topless, than women should be able to be topless, also. If men can show their hair, then women should be able to, also.

If people feel it is attractive for women to cover up their bodies/breasts in public, then that should be a *choice* and not one that is forced on women. I feel that women covering the body in the name of fashion/decency is unattractive not because of appearance but because of the underlying belief that the sexes do not deserve the same rights and privileges...a belief that I find extremely unattractive.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote